Wednesday, June 5, 2013

OMG!!! Is this for real, am I becoming a MOTHER!

Wow! One day I will get better at updating this!  How my life has changed since March 7th.  On that Thursday morning, I was asked if I would be the guardian of 2 students, a brother (13) and a sister (12).  Some days I question if I have done the right thing, actually many times I have.  My life has changed, for at least 2.5 months, or so I thought.  After about 2 months, so the middle of May, CPS is revisiting their case, and looking at the upcoming move.  That is when I was approached to adopt them, to give them their forever home.

My first thought was yes, then I am crazy!  I am 31 and taking care of 2 teenagers, what do I know about parenting.  I mean I was raised by 2 great people, and have more support then anyone could ask for, but I know this is not easy.  After lots of prayer, discussion with my mom, and lots of tears.  I decided this is what God's will is for my life. 

Now don't get me wrong, there are days where I question myself multiple times.  I mean I knew it would not be easy, but I did not know how HARD and CHALLENGING it would really be.  There are days they test me so much, that I believe I need to be admitted into an institution.  

The girl is excited about staying with me, her brother, well he wants to stay, but not necessarily with me.  He is not sure what he wants.  Well he does want a home that lets him do whatever, and well, that simply is not here. 

Many times, I just think, God you are giving me kids, can't you give me a husband to be the leader of the house.  I don't know if I can do this.  It would be awesome for the boy to have a role model here, something he does not normally see.  Someone to encourage him and teach him about being a leader and a gentleman.  I know God will provide all of these through his own means.  I know he will never give me more than I can handle, even if handling it means that I learn to get on my knees and come to him, which I have learned a lot these last 2.5 months.  I have to learn to trust him and he will do all the work.  No matter what God loves me and will get us through this chapter of life.

So with all that being said, I am becoming a mom to 2 teenagers this year!  I need lots of prayers :) 


So I have prayer request:
1. That the kids will adjust well here and that the walls that have been built from their past will be lowered.
2. That we can find a place to live.  This place is simply to small and I cannot go through with adoption until I have a bigger place.
3.  That I will make good parenting choices, but more importantly that I will always rely on God for these decisions.  That he will always be the head of this household. 
4. That I will trust God for all decisions!
5. That we will enjoy our summer and get rest.
6. That I will not be prideful and allow others to help me and pray for me (God has already begun teaching me this)


PS:  I am accepting all parenting advice!

No comments:

Post a Comment